Sunday, November 20, 2011

Too Early for a Christmas Log Cake??? - Vanilla Blueberry Log cake

Perhaps not too early...??? I have already seen some places that hadstarted their sale of christmas log cakes and those christmas cupcakes... Such a cutie.... So why not let me try a log cake myself.... I have yet to try out if I can do one...


I have actually bought those christmas decorations from Phoon Huat a couple of weeks back... Finally today I can put them in good use... hehehehe....


VANILLA BLUEBERRY CHRISTMAS LOG CAKE


I have read some recipe books that the christmas log cake is actually done with a swiss roll, topped with either chocolate or cream topping... So I had tried using my own swiss roll and coated it with chocolate ganache.

Nic had requested a vanilla swiss roll with blueberry fillings. The swiss roll was abit spongey and soft, plus with the blueberry filling, it makes it abit flimsy to handle the roll. As the blueberry filling will oozed out when it was been cut. I had to be extremely careful of not breaking the swiss roll and oozing out too much of the blueberry filling... hahahaha...!!!

And of course, finally the roll had been done up nicely... :-D


We tried the christmas log cake the next day....

At least the blueberry filling had settled into the swiss roll and it wasn't that "oozy" as compare to the day before when it was being spread onto the roll....

A weird combination of the swiss roll with the christmas log cake isn't it?


How did it taste like????


Well, not too bad... If you had bought those commercial log cakes and tried them before, I think, self make-cum-bake is still the best!!! This log cake, no doubt of the weird combination, it is rather refreshing because of the blueberry filling. It wasn't too sweet, and the roll was rather soft & spongey... Outside christmas log cakes are usually abit hard and too sweet..., whereas mine isn't... hehehehe....

No comments:

Post a Comment