Updated 23 Nov 2011 for the recipe
Boy, I just love Japanese Cheesecake.
I found this Japanese Cheesecake recipe from one of my baking book for a couple of weeks, but I had yet to try it till recently... No regrets for it! It is simply fantastic!!!
This recipe, unlike from the first Japanese Cheesecake recipe from SSB, is much easier.
No mess No fuss & Easy!!!
Here is the baked cheesecake.
I used a 6" square tin to bake it.
Texture of the cheesecake....??? GREAT!!!! It is soft & moist, just like my first Japanese Cheesecake that I had tried.
100g cream cheese, soften
60ml whipping cream
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp flour
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp cream of tar tar
3 egg whites
1. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in whipping cream and mix well.
2. Add in 30g of the sugar portion and beat well. Add in the egg yolk one at a time, beat well after each addition.
3. Fold in the sieved flour and cornstarch. Mix well.
4. In another bowl, beat egg whites & cream of tar tar until foamy. Slowly pour in the remaining 30g sugar until stiff peaks.
5. Fold in 1/3 of the egg white merringue into the egg batter. Fold gently to mix well. Repeat with the remaining merringue.
6. Pour batter into a cake tin lined with baking paper.
7. Water-Bake the batter in a preheated oven of 180 degC for 20mins, bring down to 150 decC for 15mins. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for 10 mins to let it cool down slowly.