Friday, November 4, 2011

Banana Walnut Cupcakes

I have always love Banana Walnut Cupcakes/Muffins.

There a bakery stall at Serangoon Gardens, where their breads and cakes are sold at a very reasonable price, and mostly importantly, their stuff are excellent!!!

They have this Walnut Muffins, where, they have sesame seeds, chocolate rice chips & walnuts in it. It is a very refreshing taste, and I like the biting "bits" in the muffins.


So in this banana walnut cupcakes I tried today, I put in some sesame seeds and the chocolate rice chips, besides the bananas & the toasted walnuts...:-D



It wasn't much to my expectations.... I didn't quite like the turnout of the cupcakes I made tonight... Hmmm.... Perhaps, it took quite a fair bit of the heating time, plus it wasn't what I expected it to be...:(


The taste of the cupcakes was not too bad, inside is soft and you can bite the "bits".


Anyway, here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

135g fully ripe bananas

80g brown sugar

2 eggs, beaten

60g butter

30g fresh milk

130g self raising flour

1/4 tsp baking soda

60g walnuts, toasted & diced

1 banana, ripen & sliced

Additional items that I have added:

1 tsp black sesame seed

2 tsp chocolate rice chips


Method:

Mash bananas and leave aside.

Beat sugar & butter untill light & fluffy. Add the eggs slowly, followed by the milk. Add in the mashed bananas.

Gradually fold in the flour & baking soda, followed by the walnuts. Mix untill well-combined.

While baking half way through, placed the sliced banana on the cupcake & continue baking.

Bae in a preheated oven of 180-200 degC for about 20-25mins.



No comments:

Post a Comment