Thursday, November 1, 2012

Steam Banana & Walnut Cupcakes

It has been several months since I took part in the Aspiring Baker... And I decided to submit an entry before I leave for my trip to Taipei tomorrow.

I had Steamed Bread Recipe Book, and it had been left in my shelf for quite some time. Browsing through all the recipes, I saw this Steam Banana & Walnut Cupcakes... Why not try them, since I have bananas & walnuts, the usual ingredients that I always have at home. :-p 
I never had really fancied much of these steam cakes, except for the 鸡蛋糕or发糕.
The last time when I had tried a recipe from the same book, I didn't quite like them very much. So today, I actually did not pinned too much hope on these steam cupcakes as well.
But you know what....???
 I was wrong... This time round, these steamed cupcakes were delicious!!!
An unexpectable soft and nice texture. Combined with the banana chunks and walnuts, it made the cupcakes very appetising...., with the sweetness of the bananas, and the crunchiness of the toasted walnuts... What more could I have asked for...?
If you see the soft texture of the cupcakes & the banana chunks... Yummy I would say this time!!
And I had one myself:-p But I'm sure if my girls will like them... hahahaha:-D
Here, have a steamed cupcake with a cup of Earl Grey Tea.
Ingredients:
1 egg
40g sugar
60ml milk
100g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp canola oil

80g banana, cut into chunks
20g toasted chopped walnuts

Method:
1. Whip the egg & sugar. Add in the milk and mix well.
2. Combined the flour & baking powder into the egg mixture. Mix untill well combined.
3. Add in the oil and mix well.
4. Fold in the chopped walnuts & banana chunks.
5. Pour batters into cupcake case and steamed over medium heat for about 12-15mins.

I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #25 – Steaming Hot Cakes (November 2012) hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment