Monday, November 26, 2012

Durian Cupcake 榴莲杯纸蛋糕

Again, my friend Eileen had given me another recipe to try. This time she say these durian cupcakes were delicious and I must try them. It was really so tempting... Durian.... Nat loves durian as well, so she was up for this recipe, and so did hubby. We had went to the market to buy some durian, but thinking the durian are made for baking, I did not buy those top quality ones. Perhaps the quality of the durian will somehow affect the taste of the durian cupcakes. I had previously baked a Durian Cake last year, this will be my 2nd attempt. This recipe came from Wokking Mum, and I made some modifications to the ingredients.

The durian cupcakes had given a very nice fragrant while they are in the midst of baking. Cupcakes rosed very well, had a nice browning top. I had added more of the durian as I will prefer a heavy taste. Texture of the cupcakes were excellent, soft & fluffy, except that I find them abit dry and too dense at the bottom, probably I hadn't mashed the durian properly:-p I will think to add some milk to soften the texture in my next attempt. Let's see how it goes.


Ingredients:
(I have used half of the recipe, using 200g durian flesh, margarine, 2 eggs, self-raising flour)
250g Mashed Durian Flesh (original was using 170g)
250g Butter
150g Castor Sugar (original was using 180g)
5 Eggs
240g Flour, sifted (Plain/All purpose)
2 teaspoon Baking Powder, sifted

Method:
  1. Cream butter and sugar til light fluffy.
  2. Add one egg at a time and continue beating.
  3. Add in durian gradually and beat for 2 1/2 minutes.
  4. Add in flour and baking powder.
  5. Mix well.
  6. Pour batter into a greased and lined 25cm X 25cam baking tray. ( I baked in 6' rectangle tin and muffin cups)
  7. Bake at 180C for 40 to 50 minutes or till cake is done (check using toothpick).

No comments:

Post a Comment