How about a cuppa of Earl Grey Milk Tea Steamed Cake???
These milk tea cakes goes with with chocolates though...hehehehe...
Unfortunately, those chocolate chips were excellent for baking in the oven but not for steaming as they totally melt as the heat rises...:-p Nevertheless, these cakes tasted excellent.
Do not have too much expectations of these cakes though. These steamed cakes are very simple, plain ones. It is excellent for people who prefer a slightly bland taste, not so sweet steamed cake.
As most of you would have realised, most of the steamed cakes that I had attempted are rather healthy I would say:-D
For me, I do enjoyed these steamed cakes very well. What about you?
For Earl Grey Tea lovers, you might wish to try them???
1 earl grey tea bag
50ml hot water
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp canola oil
1. Soak the tea bag in the hot water for about 3 mins. Add in the milk, and boil over low heat for about 5 mins. Set aside to cool for latter use.
2. Lightly coat the cups with oil, and set aside.
3. Mix egg & sugar until sugar had dissolved. Add in the cool milk tea, mix well.
4. Add in the sieved flour+baking powder, mix until well blended. Add in the oil and mix until well combined.
5. Pour the batter into the cups and steam over medium high heat for about 12-15 mins.
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #25 – Steaming Hot Cakes (November 2012) hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders