Monday, November 19, 2012

Soft & Fluffy Banana Cake- Yummy!!!

My friend Eileen had passed me a great recipe for banana cake again... As long as it is any banana recipes, I guess it will be anybody's favourite as well.
Eileen had found this great recipe from Wen's Delight, and she told me that I must try this recipe as it was really soft & yummy... Having the basic fruit, banana, at home, I went off to bake this cake. And it was indeed delicious. It wasn't that oily, it was really soft... Hahaha, so I had baked this cake a couple of times as it was quite a hit. The gals liked it too. The 2nd time, I had tried baking with chocolate chip rice, and they were also delicious.. I even had a few pieces myself too...
A nicely baked top and a soft, fluffy texture banana cake...
YUMMY!!!!
Recipe as adapted from Wen's Delight:

Ingredients:2.5-3 Eggs (I used 3 eggs)130g Sugar (I used 125g)200g Banana (Ripe & cut into small pcs)
150g Top Flour (I use cake flour)1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
100g Corn oil (I use canola oil)
1/8 tsp Banana essense (optional)(I omitted)
Method:
*Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
*Grease & line a 8" round tin with paper.
1. Sieve flour, baking powder & soda together. Sieve twice & set aside.
2. Whisk eggs, sugar & banana at max. speed till stiff/ribbon stage.
3. Fold in flour & mix well. (Can use spatular or hand to mix)
4. Add in oil & mix well till batter is shiny & flowing.
5. Bake for 40 - 45mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment