Tuesday, November 13, 2012

小叮当来咯 Doraemon is here...!!!

How about having Doraemon now???
Using the same recipe as the LadyBugs & Angry Bird Steamed Cupcakes, this time round I had "drawn" Doraemon on them. Still look OK?
And also, this time I had taken more pictures, so that it will or might be clearer or helpful to you.
^^
Below are the batter mixed in 3 colors, blue, black & red for the main colors need for Doraemon, plus the original batter. So total you will require 4 different colored batter.
This is the picture I gotten from the internet.
This is how I started the "drawing"... All in 4 easy sticks this time..:-p

Step 1: Filling the cupcake case about 70-80% full with the blue batter.
Step 2: You might wanna outline the eye & face area first before piping them with the original batter.
Step 3: Outline the eye area, mouth & whiskers with the black batter using a skewer stick.
Step 4: Lastly, for the nose, put a drop of red batter, using the skewer stick.
Step 5: Steam for about 15 mins.
Step 6: Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Step 7: Let's enjoyed & EAT THEM!!!

Hope all these methods are cleared enough:-p

A closer view...
Nat was pretty excited with these Doraemon this time too. After the Angry Birds steamed cupcakes, she was very keen when she heard me mentioned about making Doraemon. She kept asking me if the cupcakes were ready as she wanted to try them. Even when I was photo-taking them, she asked if I'm done...
So I quickly snap-shots these cupcakes and gave one to her. She was enjoying them...
Mimi, on the other hand, told me she preferred 蜡笔小新. :-p
So should I or not attempt this challenge soon??? hahaha....
Aren't they adorable...???

For these Doraemon Steamed Cupcakes, I had used 2/3 of the original ingredients and they could fetch about 10 normal size cupcakes.
(Credit going back to MuiMui, from My Little Favourite DIY for her great steamed cupcakes recipe:))

Ingredients:
2 cold eggs
180g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
100ml fresh milk
2/3 tsp ovalette
125g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method will be as stated in the above part.

So Doraemon fans, have fun!!! :)

I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #25 – Steaming Hot Cakes (November 2012) hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment