Friday, November 16, 2012

Eggless Passionfruit Cupcakes无蛋百香果蒸蛋糕

 Actually I am having so much fun with Aspiring Bakers theme this month. This "steaming" theme had made me digged for my recipes, of which some are "fun with colors", while the rest are healthy versions.

I had bought the recipe book in JB last weekend, and this book caught my attention, Eggless Cakes & Cookies,  无蛋糕饼, by Chef Jamie Jong. I flipped through the pages and found the recipes quite interesting... So "it" came back home with me...
 Sharing this wonderful recipe I had found inside, it was actually a Green Tea Steamed Cupcake, but I do not have green tea powder at the moment. So I had subsituted with Passionfruit and added a tsp of vanilla essence to enhance the cupcakes flavor.
 These steamed Passionfruit Cupcakes were excellent. No eggs used, plus margarine, it made these cupcakes so healthy... The cupcakes texture was very soft and spongey. Some of the top "huated" part almost dropped out when I was taking them out of the steamer... hehehehe...
 If you could see the fluffiness in this picture...
We all liked it very much.. mostly importantly, it is a healthy cupcake:-D
Recipe as adapted by Jamie Jong, 无蛋糕饼.

Ingredients:
320g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder (can be omitted)
150g sugar
160ml water
130g margarine
1 passionfruit pulp, about 50g-100g
(1 tsp vanilla essence optional)

Method:
1. Combine sugar, water & margarine in a sauce pan, stir over simmering water till smooth. Set aside and let it cool.
2. Make a well in the centre of the sieved flour+baking powder, pour the liquid mixture slowly and mix till well blended.
3. Pour mixture into paper cups about 80%, steam for 12-15mins.

I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #25 – Steaming Hot Cakes (November 2012) hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment