Sunday, November 18, 2012

Steamed Pandan Peanut Cupcakes

I have a busy weekend... I had been to SG Popular Book Fair at the Expo Hall on Saturday. But it didn't thrill me much as the cookbooks were as cheap as they were supposed to be... So yesterday, I headed down to JB and I decided to go to thier Popular Fair at Danga City Mall. I did not know where it was, but luckily the lady boss of the nail shop was kind enough to let me use her wifi to check the location. It was pretty easy to find the mall in the end. And of course I had grabbed at least 7 books which were so valued for money!!! Needless to say, my gals & my niece bought their loot as well...

Adding another steamed cupcake to the November Aspiring Baker's theme, this is a Steamed Cupcake I had gotten from Alex Goh's Steamed Cake.

These cupcakes had caught my attention as it was pandan flavor and they looked very pretty. But of course, Alex Goh put red bean filling whereas hubby suggested to use peanuts instead.
It was a little difficult to put the peanut fillings in the centre as "it" will "run" everywhere else in the cupcakes... So I had actually "dug" a hole in the centre and put in the peanut fillings, and fill them up with the remaining batter.
So, what do you think of them?
Recipe as adapted from Magic Steamed Cake by Alex Goh
(slight modifications)

Ingredients:
(A)
4 eggs
250g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
120ml canola oil

(B)
2 tsps pandan juice
few drops of green coloring
200g coconut milk
(I had used 2 tsp pandan paste instead of the pandan juice & green coloring)

(C)
400g flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
(I had omitted all and used self raising flour instead)

Method:
1. Whip A until sugar dissolves and slightly thicken. Add in B, mix until well blended.
2. Fold in sieved C, mix until well blended.
3. Pour the batter about 1/3 of the 7cm cupcake mould lined with paper cup. Steam for about 2-4mins.
4. Remove from heat and place the peanut fillings in the centre & press lightly.
5. Top with the remaining batter and steam for another 15-20mins over high heat.

Fillings can be omitted or changed to your preferred fillings like red bean paste, etc.
Have Fun:))

I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #25 – Steaming Hot Cakes (November 2012) hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment