Monday, November 19, 2012

Passionfruit Ogura Cake白香果相思蛋糕

I tried baking this Passionfruit Ogura Cake白香果相思蛋糕 a couple of weeks back. Now I am posting up all the post-bakes recipes that I had baked before I had misplaced the recipes..

I had seen alot of people baking these Ogura Cake, and the texture of the cake looked extremely yummy, soft & spongey... But I am not sure if I had gotten my texture right...??
This cake had to be baked in a "steam-bake" method. Else, method wise will be quite similar to chiffon cake. Instead of using the pandan recipe that I had gotten from a lady, Teoh from Baking Wonderland, I had used passionfruit.
Her ogura cake was so tempting and they simply look so soft, moist & spongey...
Whereas for mine, I think it was a bit "wet", though it had a soft texture. Seems like unbaked to me...:-p
Perhaps, I will try again soon to get the right texture...hahahahaha...
Here is the recipe for those of you who are keen:

Ingredients:
(A)
45g Canola Oil
60ml milk
1/4 tsp salt
6 egg yolk
1 whole egg
65g plain flour
20g pandan juice (I used 20g passionfruit pulp)

(B)
6 egg white
75g sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tar tar

Method:
1. Beat the oil, milk, salt, egg yolk & whole egg until frothy.
2. Fold in the sieved flour until well blended. Mix in the pandan juice, mix well & set aside.
3. Whisk the egg white+cream of tar tar+sugar until stiff peak.
4. Mix the egg white meringue into the egg yolk batter, mix untill well combined. Pour into a 9" baking mould.
5. Steam-bake in a prehated oven of 170C for about 45mins

No comments:

Post a Comment