Thursday, November 29, 2012

Soy Milk Tofu Steamed Cake (Vegetarian)

After a long month break for me... My boss is finally back tomorrow...
And this will be my last bake of Nov and my last submission to Aspiring Baker for November too...:-p
I will be going slow now and my bakes will be getting lesser from today onwards as my boss will be here till the 3rd week of December..Plus I will be heading down to Melaka for a short little getaway just before Christmas.. School will also start soon after my getaway and back to school for the gals in January... Time for me to revise my Mathematics again so that I can teach Nic.
So here wishing all my Baker Friends a wonderful week(for Nov) and an excellent Christmas period ahead!

This time, I am trying out a Soy Milk Tofu Steamed Cake.
As mentioned in my previous posts for the steamed cake, these cakes are again very simple, healthy ones. Besides that, they are vegetarian as well, as they are eggless. How about that?
These Soy Milk Tofu Steamed Cakes had a "Huat Kueh" texture, soft, moist & dense.
I am so glad that most of you liked these recent steamed recipes I had attempted this month:-D
Thank you all once again:)

Recipe yields 2 cups

Ingredients:
50g tofu, mashed & sieved
40g sugar
90ml soy milk
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp canola oil

Method:
1. Grease the moulds and set aside.
2. Add in the sieved tofu, sugar & soy milk, mix well. Add in the flour+baking powder, mix well. Add in the oil and mix until well blended.
3. Pour the batter into the greased mould and steam over medium high heat for about 15-20 mins.

I hope everyone will enjoyed these Soy Milk Tofu Steamed Cake:-D

I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #25 – Steaming Hot Cakes (November 2012) hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders

No comments:

Post a Comment