Monday, July 2, 2012

Donuts are just so fun!!!! - Mini Sugar Donuts

Hehehe... We did had alot of fun with these baked little mini donuts... Or rather should I say, I was having so much fun with it...

My dear hubby had preferred sugar donuts than the ones coated with chocolates & sprinkles. On the other hand, the girls preferred those coated with chocolates.

Nic told me, "Mummy, I am going to bring some more mini donuts to school. My classmate had asked me for some more. They have to pay me.. 10c per donuts..." So I told Nic, it was okay, just bring for her classmates to eat. But Nic replied,"They have to pay for the food that they are eating right?"
Me, -_-"
Alright, probably that a sign that she might be a business woman in future... hahahah!!!!

This time, I will be trying out the recipe from Blessed Homemaker...
Doesn't these donuts gave a lovely shiny browned look??? I was like... hmmm, these donuts must be great too... Tossing the donuts halfway through the baking time to give them a lovely shine.
Oh goody!!! These donuts are ready!!! Texture was good, soft & fluffy. But these donuts wouldn't last too long as the taste texture will be different.
And of course, I had tried to coat them with sugar... Yes!!! It did stick to the donuts nicely... So there we go, 16 mini sugar donuts were gone within minutes..
Nat loves these mini sugar donuts too...:))
Recipe with compliments from Blessed Homemaker:

Ingredients:
100g all purpose flour (I used cake flour)
50g caster sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
150g yoghurt (I used low fat strawberry yoghurt)
1 tbsp canola oil
2 tsp lemon juice (omitted)

Method:
1. In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
2. Combine egg, yoghurt, oil & lemon juice, mix well.
3. Combine the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, mix & blend well.
4. Pipe batter into the pan, about 3/4 full.
5. Bake at 200C for about 10-15 mins
6. Cool in the pan for about 5 mins before transferring into the rack.
7. Decorate as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment