Sunday, July 1, 2012

Donut Day - Assorted Mini Donuts (Strawberry Flavor)

Ain't these little mini donuts a cutie...???
Nah, I didn't buy these cute mini donuts... I made them...

We were all in for a big treat this time....

I had came across 2 baked recipes. One from Ellena, from Cuisine Paradise and one from Blessed Homemaker.

Today I will bake these donuts using Ellena's recipe.
I had KIV these baked donuts for almost a year. I had 1st came along the baked donuts from Blessed Homemaker. I had wished to bake some then but I did not invest in a donut pan as I had just started my baking last year. I wasn't so prepared to spend so much money at that time.:-p
So finally, I bought it last week... I had bought it from Bake King shop. It cost about S$8.00.
There... my 1st donut pan, a small little mini ones... As my oven is rather small, so this size pan fits it well. :-p
I had greased the pan and piped the batter into the pan.
(As it is a non-stick pan, thus it is unneccessary to grease it)
Ta-da!!!! A very nicely baked donuts using low fat strawberry yoghurt. While the donuts were half way through baking, my friend & I were so excited. We were so excited that the donuts had risen very nicely and we can't wait to taste them. With the sweet frangrance of the strawberry yoghurt, my friend had asked me to give him one immediately when the donuts were baked.
And......
He said the donuts were excellent!!!
Texture of the donuts were great! It was rather soft. The girls were all pretty excited too...
Decorating the donuts with whatever I had at home, it was actually great fun doing so...:))
Here, the mini donuts were all packed up nicely for the testers in my office the next day...
These mini donuts were best eaten on the same day, otherwise the texture will be different. Unlike the fried donuts with the bread texture, these minis had a little cake texture. Though testers & I had eaten these minis on the next day, we still think that the donuts were still alright, only 2 whom said that they were slightly hard.

MiMi, of course, having her fair share of her mini donuts... She had 5 donuts, and as she knew that whenever she eat something, she had to pose for mummy...
Check out her poses...hehehehe...
Recipe with compliments from Ellena, Cuisine Paradise 

Ingredients: (makes about 20 minis) (with slight modifications)
1 1/4 Cups Top Flour, sifted (160g cake flour)1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
150ml Mixed Berries Yoghurt (Meiji Strawberry Yoghurt)1/4 Cup Castor Sugar (50g)1 Large Egg
3 Tablespoons of Melted Unsalted Butter, cool (45g)Zest of 1 Lemon (omitted)1 Disposal Pipping Bag, optional

Method:
1. Grease mini heart shape/donut pan with cooking spray or melted butter and set aside. (You can omit this step if you are using a non-stick pan)2. In a medium mixing bowl whisk sugar and lemon zest until moist and fragrant.
3. Crack in the egg and give it a quick whisk till combined before adding the yoghurt and mixed well.
4. Next sieved in flour, baking powder, salt and whisk together with melted butter till the mixture resemble paste like texture.
5. Spoon mixture into disposal pipping bag, snap off the tip and pipe into prepared trays at about 3/4 full.
6. Bake in preheated 180 degree oven for about 8 - 10 minutes or until donuts spring back when touched.
7. Cool donuts in pan for another 2 - 3 minutes before removing it from tray.
8. Decorate the donuts with melted chocolate, sprinkles, fresh fruits or etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment