Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sweet & Sour Pork

For sure my hubby & Nat are great fans of the Sweet & Sour Pork. Nat had always wanted to eat her sweet sweet meat rice on every weekend without fail. As for hubby, he is a "pork-lover", so anything about pork, he will love it. He was just telling me that I hadn't made the charsiew meat for quite awhile, and that maybe I should make some for him... hahahaha...

I got this Sweet & Sour Pork recipe from my GoodFood magazine. It was a foolproof recipe that nobody will failed in it... Taste will, we all thought it was simply fantastic. Hubby loves it very much for sure:))

A very simple method to cook this using a ready-made sweet & sour sauce. This is really a cheat's recipe for this all time favourite dish...
 For the Sweet & Sour Pork fans like mine, do try out this dish:)

Recipe adapted from GoodFood Magazine, July Issue (with my own modifications)

Ingredients:
250g pork, cubed (I told the butcher I need pork for Sweet & Sour Pork, but I forgot what it was called:-p)
2 eggs (1 is actually enough)
40g potato starch
Oil for deep-frying
2 garlice cloves, chopped coarsely
2 stalks of spring onions, chopped
1/4 yellow capsicum, cubed
1/4 red capsicum, cubed
60g "Woh Hup" sweet & sour sauce
3 slices of canned pineapple, cutted into chunks

Method:
1. Place pork in a bowl with the eggs & 1 tsp of salt. Mix to coar the pork & set aside for 1 min.
2. Tip the potato starch into a large, shallow dish. Toss the pork cubes in the starch, dusting off any excess.
3. Heat up oil to a depth of 3cm in a wok & deep fry the pork cubes on low heat for 6-8 mins, until the are golden brown & float to the surface. Remove from oil & drain on kichen towels.
4. Fry garlic, capsicums & spring onions with 2 tbsps of oil in another wok on medium heat until frangrant. Add in the sweet & sour sauce. Give a good stir and add the fried pork, along with the pineapples. Giving them a good toss for about 2 mins. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment