Thursday, July 5, 2012

Kids Favourite Cupcakes?? - Milo Cupcakes

Browsing through my new July issue of the Good Food magazine, this Milo Cupcakes recipe caught my attention. Seems pretty easy. Well, basically anything that seems easy to bake/make, that's pretty well suits me... Call me lazy as I should be, but that's just the lazy me... hahahaha...
 I do not have milo powder, so I used the 3-in-1 milo premix instead... Oops... I had also reduced the brown sugar from 125g to 75g instead as I think that the premix had contained sugar and thus, reducing the sugar amount. I had also ran out of evaporated milk, and I replaced them with milk instead.
And so how did I fare with all these reduced and replacement??? 
 Filling the batter into the cupcake cases about 2/3 full, the batter had overflowed while they were in the process of bakng. So I had to bake slightly longer so that the cupcakes will be "cooked". It was probably I did not use the "proper" ingredients? Hmmmm....
 Nevertheless, these Milo Cupcakes tasted great as they should be...hehehe... Decorated the cupcakes with whipped cream and dusted with cocoa powder otherwise the plain cupcakes looked pretty ugly with the deco... hahaha...
I had brought some "undecorated" cupcakes for my colleagues to try. All said the cupcakes were yummy, but they were a little sweet even though I had reduced the sugar amount.

And Joyce, these were the magazines I bought last Sunday... Nope, the girls didn't choose my magazines for me... Having these new July issues food magazines, I will be trying some of the recipes this weekend... I'm so excited... hehehehe...

Recipe as adapted from GoodFood Magazine (Cupcakes with Attitude by Benjamin Wong)

Ingredients:
100g self raising flour
4 tbsp Milo powder (can add 6 tbsp for greater taste)
125g unsalted butter, softened
125g brown sugar (I reduced to 75g)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tbsp evaporated milk

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour & Milo powder together. Set aside.
3. Cream butter for a few mins. Gradually add in the brown sugar & beat untill well combined. Add eggs beat until well blended, light & fluffy.
4. Add flour & milo mixture. Continue to beat until batter comes together.(Don't overbeat). Stir in the evaporated milk.
5. Spoon batter into the cupcake cases until 3/4 full. Bake for about 20-25 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean. Transfer cupcakes to the rack to cool completely.
6. Decorate as desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment