Thursday, October 20, 2011

Steamed Cake 蒸鸡蛋糕

鸡蛋糕 has been a old time favourite since young time...


It has never been a cake that will run out with time...


I simply love 鸡蛋糕, and I will not get sick & tired of it... But these days, you will hardly find nice ones around. But some bakery do sell them...




Steamed Cake 蒸鸡蛋糕

This is my 1st attempt...

I think it was because I did not full blast my heat as these cakes really need to be steam on a high heat so that the 鸡蛋糕 can rise...

End up I threw away the 1st batch of 鸡蛋糕.... :(( This is the 2nd attempt....

Not too bad... But it did not really rise well as I had open up the steamer twice, which I am not supposed to....

The texture was abit dense, the smell of 鸡蛋糕 was there though...:-p
Shall try to attempt it again next time without disturbing the steaming process... hehehe...

The recipe and ingredients are rather simple:
Ingredients:
5 eggs
170g sugar
140g self raising flour
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
Beat & whisk eggs & sugar until light & fluffy.
Fold in the flour & vanilla essence.
Line a 7" basket with kite paper, pour in the batter, and steam over high heat for 30 mins.


I will be submitting this to : Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh (October 2011) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment