Sunday, October 16, 2011

Banana Jelly Cake -Happy Birthday Mr Ng

I had been searching for a banana recipe cake for quite some time. As it was my colleague's birthday yesterday, I wanted to make a small like cake for him. He loves bananas, anything as long there are bananas contained...^-^

I had made a Chocolate Banana Cake before, so have I did Banana Muffins & Butter Cake. I really had no idea what else I can do with bananas....

I happened to see this recipe, so instead I tried it with bananas... I wondered how it will taste like... :-p


BANANA JELLY CAKE


I had to fiddle with the jelly as the cake shrunk a little after baked. I had to "cover the side of the cake so that when I put the jelly inside, it will not touch the side of the cake.
I had spread Nutella in between the cake layer.
For the top part, I spread chocolate whipped cream and placed the bananas on top before pouring the jelly over the cake.

Texture of the cake is abit dry, jelly, which I used the normal agar-agar powder, might be abit hard as well.... But it wasn't too bad....


There, after some "trimming" for the cake, and pipe wordings on the cake....


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR NG!!!

(Hope the cake is edible... :-P)

Here is the recipe:

Sponge Cake

120g sponge mix

2 tsp cocoa powder

2 eggs

2 tbsp water

2 tbsp melted butter
Method:

Whisk sponge mix, cocoa powder, eggs & water until fluffy. Fold in melted butter untill blended.

Pour batter into a lined 18cm(7") cake tin.

Bake in a preheated oven of 180-200 degC for about 20 mins or until cooked.


Fillings

Adequate Nutella

60g whipped cream

Few drops of chocolate emulco

Adequate Bananas

Method:

Slice cake into 2 layers.

Spread the Nutella and sandwich together.

Place cake into a loose base tin.

Spread the chocolate cream and arrange banana slices on top.

Refrigerate for awhile.


Topping:

400ml water

50g sugar

1 packet of yellow agar-agar powder (13g)

Method:

Put everything to boil.

Leave it to cool slightly.

Pour jelly over the bananas and leave it to set.


Chill, slice & serve^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment