Monday, April 9, 2012

I hear Happy Calling me.....Earl Grey Milk Tea Cake

I'm sure everyone knows about this Happy Call Pan... When it was launched, my friend had introduced and asked me if I will liked to get one as it is really very good she claimed... I have seen and heard friends getting this pan and they all claimed that it is very good to use....

And after so long, I finally got mine.......hehehe.....


Earl Grey Milk Tea Cake

The cake turns out quite well, and it's soft and fluffy texture... But this is because this is my 2nd attempt trying out my pan to "bake" a cake... Not too bad isn't it? But be warned, you have to REALLY watch & gauge the heat of the stove.... Else.... (see my pic below....)
This is the Happy Call Pan... It does makes wonders... making you happppy??? :-D

This is my first attempt using the pan.... And gosh... this pan had to be used in really low heat... Else this is what you get... Burnt cake...:-p

And the other thing about this pan was that, it is quite difficult to wash it, as it opens up 90C... So, it is really up to individual liking...

The pros about it... it is really non-stick, food gets cooked faster and easily...:-D

Here is the recipe:

(adapted from Munch Ministry, with slight modifications)


Ingredients
225g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

150g sugar
1 egg
250ml milk
2 Earl Grey tea bag

70g canola oil


Method:
1. Mix all dry ingredient ( must sieved the flour)
2. Heat the milk then pour all the tea powder in the hot milk keep aside to cool
3. Mix the oil & egg then add in the milk tea. (milk tea cannot be too hot when add with oil & egg)
4. Mix step 3 into all dry ingredient until no flour seen but don’t over mix the batter.
5. Pour batter into HCP and cook on medium low heat for 10mins. (I didn’t preheat the pan), flip the pan & cook for another 4mins.


PS: For the heating & timing, kindly gauge as individual stove differs.:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment