Monday, April 9, 2012

HCP: Charsiew

Now that I have this Happy Call Pan, I find myself wanting to cook dishes... New gadget, new toy, so must try , play & test with it, so that I get the hang of it...hehehe...

So let me try making the charsiew...


I remembered my friend's mum used to make very delicious charsiew, but I had never gotten a chance to get the recipe from her... As I was in my younger twenties then, and cooking nor baking was in my itinerary yet... hahaha!!!


And here I have today.... homemade charsiew....


Marinated the meat for at least 4 hours or more before I cooked them....
Here, a simple plate of charsiew rice.... But not for the kids though... They don't really fancy charsiew...:((
On the other hand, hubby was the one who finished up all the charsiew! He likes them very much.
As for me, I enjoyed these charsiew too... I reminded me of the charsiew my friend's mum had made in those years... Those sweet sweet taste, with the charred bits... yummy indeed:-D

Ingredients:

500-600g Pork (wu hua ruo)

2 tbsp Oyster Sauce

1tbsp Hua Diao Jiu

1tsp Light soya sauce

1tbsp Dark soya sauce

1tbsp honey (I added a big tbsp)

5 tbsp sugar

1tsp Sesame oil

Dash of pepper


Method:

1. Marinate the pork for at least 4 hours

2. Heat up the pan for 1 min, place in the pork and some marinate

3. Cook the pork with lid close for about 5 mins

4. Open the lid to manually flip the pork and continue to let it cook with lid close not tight

5. Slowly cook the charsiew and check now and then, till the sauce dries up and meat starts to charred. Can add in more sauce to hasten the browning process


*For me, I realy like the charred sauce... so I used up all the marinate..:-p


Enjoy & have fun:))

No comments:

Post a Comment