Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Banana Cake with Passionfruit Icing

This is actually a past-dated post as I baked this cake while my maid was still away on her holiday.... So now finally, I get a chance to post up some of my post-dated bakes...:-D

Here, this Banana cake with Passionfruit Icing, is rather moist &, with the passionfruit icing, it compliments well with the banana cake.

I have eaten passionfruit before, but I have no idea how this fruit looks like though... Until one day I was at Sheng Siong, a local supermarket, I saw these passionfruits, so I grab 3 of them. Cute isn't it...? How amazing it is... hehehe....
I have drizzled the passionfruit icing over the banana cake... but I had put too little icing sugar:(
Otherwise, your icing should look like that in this picture below...:-p
What a great big difference isn't it???

This time I had used very ripe bananas and while the cake was baking, you can smell the fragrant of the cake... it will really make you drool for a slice of it...:-p

And here of course, my Mimi, had to try the cake after the pictures are being taken... But Mimi prefers the passionfruit seeds instead... hahahaha, just like mummy I guess...:-D

Ingredients:

160g butter, softened

165g brown sugar

2 eggs

350g mashed bananas

1 tsp baking soda

2 tbsp hot milk

150g plain flour

100g self raising flour


passionfruit icing

160g icing sugar

2 tbsp passionfruit pulp


Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 20cm round cake pan, line base & side with baking paper.

2. Beat butter & sugar with electric mixer until light & fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in the mashed banana. Combine baking soda & milk in a small jug, and stir into the banana mixture. Stir in the sifted flours in 2 batches. Spread mixture into pan.

3. Bake about 45mins. Stand cake in pan 5 mins before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.

4. Meanwhile, make passionfruit icing. Drizzle cake with icing.

Passionfruit Icing: Sift icing sugar into a bowl, stir in enough of passionfruit pulp until icing is pourable.

No comments:

Post a Comment