Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

This a past-dated post as well...:-p


I remember when I was in Secondary School, we do have Home Economics classes where the girls will get to learn sewing, cooking, all the girly stuffs... And I was one of them, whom did not seem to cook or bake very well then. I gathered from then, that I can't cook nor bake... So that was why I was never into cooking or baking until since last year April, when I started my bake-craze!!! hahaha... Okie, I remebered I had baked a Pineapple Upside-Down Cake during one of the lessons, and this cake was probably long forgotten as it is also a rather classic cake. But I was quite surprised that most of my friends did not seem to know or heard of such cake... Here I am, giving them a chance to know what Pineapple Upside-Down Cake looks like and taste like... :-D


This cake is actually very simple, and of course, lazy me, always sourcing for the easiest recipe to bake...:-D

The topping, using butter & brown sugar, topped with the pineapple rings & the cherries.

And the baked cake... Juicy, sweet & a soft texture is what we will be expecting...
Mimi, had been very curious since I made this cake... She just can't wait to lay her hands on this cake... But it definitely wasn't one of her favourite though... hehehe!!!

So have fun once again, for those of you like me, whom had baked this cake during your school days... Perhaps it will bring back some good memories back in school then???

Ingredients:

FOR THE TOPPING
50g softened butter
50g light soft brown sugar
7 pineapple rings in syrup, drained and syrup
glacé cherry

FOR THE CAKE
100g softened butter
100g golden caster sugar
100g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs


Method:
1. Heat oven to 180C. For the topping, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Spread over the base and a quarter of the way up the sides of a 20-21cm round cake tin. Arrange pineapple rings on top, then place cherries in the centres of the rings.
2. Place the cake ingredients in a bowl along with 2 tbsp of the pineapple syrup and, using an electric whisk, beat to a soft consistency. Spoon into the tin on top of the pineapple and smooth it out so it's level. Bake for 35 mins. Leave to stand for 5 mins, then turn out onto a plate. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment