Friday, April 13, 2012

Bake Along #22- Creme Brulee - My Forever Favourite!!!

I simply love creme brulee but I didn't try making mine either... I have kiv my creme brulee recipe for a very long time as I did not have any ramekins nor a kitchen torch... So there was I, enjoying every single bits of the creme brulee whenever I go for a buffet lunch that serves creme brulee... hehehehe!!!!

There are plenty of creme brulee I had ever tasted..., but nothing beats the original ones... And of course, with the Bake Along Theme this time, actually motivated me to buy my ramekins & to try out my creme brulee recipe! Amongst so many creme brulee recipes I had, I decided that I should just be humble for now and stick to the original creme brulee.

CREME BRULEE

My creme brulee..., I did not have a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar topping...thus it didn't look as fantastic... But using the top oven heat works fine too, and most importantly, it tasted as great as it should be...:-D

As I had to take pictures of the creme brulee, the picture below, the creme brulee wasn't chilled overnight as it was supposed to be. So the texture here looks abit soft. If it is chlled overnight, the texture should be slightly firm. Nevertheless, it was still yummmmmy!!!


This picture below, was the 1st batch of creme brulee that I had put in to bake... And I realised that the top part was actually all foam and the egg mixture went half through the ramekins... I was rather disappointed..:(( And I missed out an important point that I should rest the egg mixture for a while before baking them.



And here, the proper creme brulee it should be... I am so pleased with them...



I brought some creme brulee for my colleagues to try and they all said it was fantastic.So mission is completed and passed...hehehehe....


Ingredients:

3 egg yolks

1 egg

90g sugar

500ml whipping cream

1 vanilla pod

1/4 tsp vanilla essence



Method:

1. Cut the vanilla pod open along its length. Scape out tge seeds. Put the whipping cream and vanilla seeds into a pot. Put it over low heat until it boils. Turn off the heat.

2. In another bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer until pale.

3. Slowly stir in the hot cream mixture from step 1. Mix well. Add on egg and vanilla essence. Whisk further. Strain the resulting mixture to remove any lump.

4. Divide the egg mixture among small ramekins. Cover with aluminium foil. Arrange on a deep baking tray and pour boiling water up to half of the height of the ramekins.

5. Bake in a preheated oven of 160C for 45 mins.

6. Leave it to cool. Refrigerate until chilled.

7. Before serving, sprinkle sugar on top. Burn the sugar with a kitchen torch until it turns golden. Or bake them in an oven with the upper heat filament on for about 3 mins until the sugar melts and browned. Serve.



Here, you can find out the Bake Along Hosts, Zoe, Joyce & Lena, and of course along with the other bakers too:))





No comments:

Post a Comment