Sunday, October 7, 2012

Passionfruit Chiffon Cake

I have been so lazy... I haven't been baking for probably a month... Been feeling too relaxed with my holiday to Bangkok last month, and busy waiting for my next one in November to Taipei... Gosh am I so excited!!!!

Today I suddenly got the mood... The mood to bake... hehehehe...
And here we have, a Passionfruit Chiffon Cake!!!
 I have already wanted to make one but I hadn't had much chance to buy the passionfruit till my colleague helped me bought a pack of them from the supermarket..:))
 So these passionfruits are compliments from my colleague, Carol... :-p
(pardon my passionfruits as I has left them too long in the fridge, thus the "wrinkled"skin)

And to my surprised, this passionfruit chiffon cake was awfully delicious!!!! 
The sour taste of the passionfruit had complimented well with the whole chiffon...
  And they are sooooooo soft & fluffy....
But this chiffon cake ain't my girls' favorite as there are "seeds" inside the chiffon cake... hahahaha....

Recipe as adapted from
Fruity Cakes by Alex Goh

Ingredients:
(A)
4 egg yolks
50g sugar
1/4tsp salt
50g canola oil
50g passionfruit pulp
20g water
(B)
100g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
(C)
4 egg whites
100g sugar
1/8tsp crream of tar tar

Method:
1. Mix (A) until well blended. Add in (B), and mixed well until well combined.
2. Whisk egg whites in (C) until soft peak forms. Add in cream of tar tar & sugar. Continue whipping until stiff.
3. Take 1/4 of the egg white meringue from Step 2 and mix with the mixture in Step 1 until well combined. Add in the remaining meringue and fold until well blended.
4. Pour the batter into a 22-cm chiffon tin and bake at 170C for about 40-45mins.
5. Immediately invert the cake tin after removing it out from the oven and let it cool completely.

Hope you will like this Passionfruit Chiffon Cake as much as I do:-D
Have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment