Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Eggless Peach Cake ( Vegetarian)

I came across this eggless cake recipe yesterday, and I thought, this is quite interesting...
No eggs... And I thought, perhaps I can also change the butter to margarine instead. Making this cake, an eggless one, no cholestrol, and low-fat... How about that? A healthier choice for now???

I have used a 20cm cake tin to bake this cake. The texture of the cake while it was being baked, does not seems to be that pleasant. I was wondering, how would this cake turned out, since it's eggless plus using margarine...



Well, in fact, my worries are rather uncalled for, as this cake was suprisingly delicious!!!
Despite being eggless, the cake texture was quite good, you can get the crumbly cake texture, sweetness was just nice. And Mimi had a slice herself. She said it was yummy:-D
Here is the recipe as adapted from Alex Goh:

Ingredients:
(A)
200g butter
160g sugar (150g)
(B)
200g milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
(C)
240g plain flour
1 3/4 tsp baking powder

Method:
1. Cream (A) until light.
2. Add in (B) in graduation, whip till light and smooth.
3. Add in (C), mix well until well-blend.
4. Pour it into 20cm round mould.
5. Bake at 180C for 50 mins. Set aside to cool. (I use 200C)

Decorate as desired:)

Have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment