Friday, October 12, 2012

Apple Crumble Cupcakes / Cake

I had came across Kit's blog and her Apple Crumble Cake simply caught my attention. And I knew this is one of the cake I needed to bookmark and try to bake it...
And I wasn't wrong about it. These Apple Crumbles were indeed delicious...
I had made these Apple Crumble in cupcakes and a loaf of cake.
The texture of these apple crumbles were simply excellent!!! A soft and fluffy texture was all I knew the moment when I tried them.... Yummy indeed. Mimi had shared half of a cupcake with me, while Nic whom initially refused to try, said it was delicious too. I think these apple crumble will made one of the kids favourite as well. Even my colleagues whom had tried it, said it was very soft and delicious too.
 So what are you waiting for???
 This recipe yeilds 6 normal cupcakes and a 6"x3" rectangular loaf.
 Thanks to Kit for sharing this wonderful recipe:)

Recipe as adapted from I-Lost in Austen
Ingredients:
2 apples –cored & diced
60g ground hazelnut (ground almond)
80g raisins
3 eggs
140g  salted butter (room temperature)
130g powdered sugar (I use 100g)
200g flour + 1 tbsp
1 tsp baking powder
Rectangle baking pan

For crumble:
50g flour
30g cold salted butter
40g hazelnuts (chopped blanced almonds)
30g sugar


Method:
1. Greased  baking pan or muffin tin.
2. Combine flour & baking powder. In a large bowl beat butter & sugar till creamy. Gradually add in eggs , one at a time & hazelnut with flour mixture till well combined.
3. In a bowl toss to coat  diced apples & raisins with 1 tbsp of flour . Add in batter & stir till well combined. Pour batter in baking pan.
4. Preheat oven to 160°C. For crumble: In a bowl combine butter, sugar , ground hazelnut & flour. Cut the butter in with your fingers till mixture forms crumbs. Topped crumble mixture on batter evenly & bake for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment