Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Strawberry Swirl Loaf

Couple of weeks back, I saw from Vivian's Blog, she did a strawberry swirl loaf. Her loaf was really soft & fluffy, and the swirl was beautiful as well.

Well, I thought, let me try baking this loaf. The last time I tried doing a Chocolate Marble loaf, the results wasn't that fantastic. So I gathered, after all, I wasn't much of a bread-maker...hahaha....



Strawberry Swirl Loaf


Well, this time I was actually quite pleased with the result though.

The texture of the bread was really soft as what Vivian had mentioned.

A good try indeed. The only cons was that, I did not really like the taste & smell of the strawberry though... Even hubby and Nic didn't like it as well... :-p So end up my helper finished the whole loaf... She said it was nice & soft.... hahaha, at least it wasn't wasted...
Recipe adapted from ViVian Pang's Blog:


Ingredients:

(A)

200g bread flour

20g sugar

¼ tsp salt

3g yeast (½ tsp + ¼ tsp)

35g whole egg100g milk

(B)

15g margarine/ butter
2 tsp strawberry paste (I use 1 tsp)



Methods:
1. Put all the ingredients (A) inside kneading bowl. Knead to form dough.
2. Add in margarine and knead to form smooth and elastic dough. Weight 150g dough out. Add in strawberry paste and knead till well combine. This will be the strawberry portion. Cover both dough and rest for 1 hour 30 minutes.
3. Transfer both dough to working surface. Slightly knead to remove air bubble. Shape into balls and rest 10 minutes.
4. Flatten the strawberry dough into rectangle. Same with the plain dough(slightly longer). Then, stack the strawberry dough on top and roll up like swiss roll.
5. Place the dough inside a greased sandwich tin and rest for 45 minutes.
6. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 28-30 minutes. Once cooked, immediately remove from mould and leave to cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment