Tuesday, December 27, 2011

古典巧克力蛋糕 Simple Chocolate Cake

I am not sure how to translate this "古典巧克力蛋糕" in English. But it is for sure a chocolate cake.... hahahaha!!!!

I had baked this chocolate cake 2 weeks ago but I didn't have time to post it up as I was rather busy, plus I wasn't feeling too well then.


古典巧克力蛋糕


I got this recipe from 孟老师的下午茶book. So far the recipes I had tried, I like them very much. A recipe book you can consider to buy:-D


Here, the chocolate cake, fresh from oven.

A little makeover....

Makes this chocolate cake ever so tempting and yummy:))
My girlfriend came to my house in time when the cake was ready. She tried a slice and she said it was very good! But I found it abit bitter though. And surprisingly, the kids love them very much... They finished almost all the cake the very next day...

The texture of the cake was smooth and spongey.


Here is the recipe:

(A)

40g egg yolk

30g sugar

80g chocolate

70g unsalted butter

20g cocoa powder

2tsp milk

(B)

60g egg white

55g sugar

40g cake flour

1/8tsp baking powder


Method:

1. Mix egg yolk & sugar until well blended.

2. Melt the chocolate over a pot of simmering water. Remove from water. Add in the butter, cocoa powder and milk and mix them well.

3. Pour in the egg yolk batter into the chocolate batter, mix untill well combined.

4. Beat the egg white in a clean bowl. Gradually add in the sugar until stiff peaks.

5. Take 1/3 of the egg white meringue and mix into the chocolate batter. Mix well. Add in the flour and the baking powder. Mix well. Add in the balance egg meringue and mix until well combined.

6. Pour batter in a 6" cake tin and bake in a preheated oven of 180C-200C for about 50 mins or until the top is firm.

7. Decorate as desired:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment