Saturday, June 23, 2012

Banana Chiffon Cake

I had saw Small Small Baker's Chiffon recent post for her Cranberry Yoghurt Chiffon & Banana Chiffon, so her banana chiffon cake caught my attention... With her nicely browned chiffon, the chiffon looks awfully tempting & delicious. I decided to give it a shot and see how I fare on this chiffon...
I bought some bananas but unfortunately they ain't that ripe. So it doesn't have the sweet smelling banana smell when I mashed the bananas...

 Here is the whole chiffon, after cooling it. I am still unable to get that nicely browned texture on the outer crust... hehehe, probably it's just me & my oven... hahahaha...
 Overall of this chiffon, texture of the chiffon wasn't that bad. It has a very soft texture. But hubby and myself felt that it was as yummy as the Banana Macadamia Nut Chiffon from the Cake Keeper Cakes.



Nevertheless, the Banana Chiffon Cake is still as delicious as it should be.:-D

Recipe as adapted from Small Small Baker:-D

Banana Chiffon Cake20cm chiffon tin:

130g banana, mashed and mixed with 1.5 tbsp milk
5 egg yolks)
30g caster sugar
80ml vegetable oil
130g cake flour

4 egg whites (use large eggs)
65g caster sugar

Bake 170 deg C, 45 minutes.

Recipe from: 好吃戚风蛋糕轻松上手 

No comments:

Post a Comment