Monday, March 5, 2012

Chinese-Style Carrot Cake

The last time when I tried making the English Carrot Cake, my hubby wasn't too keen on it and he said he will rather, preferred the Chinese style. I had actually tried making this carrot cake last Saturday, but it turns out to be a flop as I had used glutinous rice flour instead of rice flour.

Well, blurred me... I was wondering what did i went wrong, and why didn't the cake become a cake...? Until I went to browse through the recipe again and realised that I had used the wrong flour... heheheh... :-D


Chinese-Style Carrot Cake

It has been almost a year since I made the yam cake and it was delicious too. So this time, this carrot cake was no exception, I had put in too much ingredients as usual...

I had received good feedbacks from my family, friends and colleagues too:-D
Ingredients:
1 Radish, shredded
1 bowl of dried shrimps
6 dried mushrooms, sliced thinly
6 shallots. diced
some olive oil
1 bowl of rice flour (abt 200g)
2 bowls of water

Method:
1. Mix the flour with the water, make sure it is not lumpy.
2. Fry the shallots in oil, followed by the dried shrimps and mushrooms. Add in the radish and fry until it is fragrant.
3. In the the flour mixture, stir until you get a sticky and lumpy texture. Place it into a tin ans steam for about 30-45mins, or until you get a cake texture.
4. Garnish with spring onions and toasted sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment