Sunday, March 25, 2012

Strawberry & White Chocolate Mousse Cake

I had been food blogging and searching last week for some yoghurt recipe and I happened to see this recipe and the review about this mousse cake was fantastic. Thus I was rather tempted to try this recipe out. I managed to buy 6 boxes of Korean Strawberries from NTUC, luckily that was a promotion that day when I bought the strawberries:-D


Strawberry & White Chocolate Mousse Cake

Besides making it a cake, I decided to make some of these mousse cake in these little cups. Don't they look pretty?
But it was a pity, that these mousse didn't seem to be fantastic as the reviews had mentioned...

The recipe had asked to sieve the batter before we refrigerate the mousse cake to make it smoother. So I did sieved the batter, but the after cake, I can still taste the "roughness" of the cake. End up, it doesn't taste much like a mousse cake, as mousse is supposed to be smoother..:-(

The other challenge was the white chocolate. As I did not have a microwave oven(which I am going to get one soon:-p), I have doubled boiled the white chocolate, but it did not melt smoothly as well. Perhaps, that had also caused the "roughness" in my mousse cake???

Here is the whole cake I made.

Even my hubby and my girlfriend and her hubby did not really enjoyed it.. My boss and colleagues and my gilfriend's daughter, on the other hand, enjoyed this cake though.. My boss had said it was very delicious and she loved it soooo much... Hmmm, I guess it's up to individual preference perhaps???


Here is the recipe adapted from BBC Good Food


Ingredients:

(with slight modifications)
175g digestive biscuits
75g /2½ oz butter , melted
400g white chocolate (I used 350g)
400g strawberries (I used 350g)
300g tub full-fat soft cheese (I used 250g)
200ml double cream


Method:
1. Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin to fine crumbs, add the melted butter and mix well. Tip the mix into a 20cm lined, loose-bottomed cake tin, smooth with the back of a spoon and put in the fridge for 30 mins.
2. Melt 375g of the chocolate in a microwave or glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water, then allow to cool slightly.
3. Take out 6 nice-looking strawberries and set aside. Blitz the remaining strawberries in a food processor until smooth, then add them to a bowl with the soft cheese and cream. Beat until really smooth and thick, then stir in the melted white chocolate. Pour on top of the biscuit base and smooth the top. Place in the fridge and chill overnight.
4. Halve the reserved strawberries and place on top of the cheesecake. Melt the remaining 25g chocolate and drizzle over the top, then keep chilled until ready to serve.


Perhaps you will like this cake. Hope you have fun trying it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment