Monday, March 26, 2012

Bake Along #21 - Fresh Strawberry Cake with White Chocolate Chunks

Who doesn't love strawberries??? Well, for sure, my 3 little princesses loved them so much... And unfortunately, they do not really preferred those baked fruits... :-p... Anyway, I'm here with Bake Along #21 with the Bake Along group this time with a Fresh Strawberry Cake with White Chocolate Chips, which I used white chocolate chunks instead... hehehehe....


Fresh Strawberry Cake with White Chocolate Chunks

I went to the supermarket last Friday, and there happened to have strawberries on offer for the next 3 days... So kiasu me, brought 6 punnets in total... and I do have some more punnets in my fridge... Don't these strawberries look so sweet and yummy...!!! I thought it might be a wierd combination of strawberries & white chocolate, but I was absolutely wrong... The combination was simply fantastic. While the cake is baking in the oven, you can smell the sweetness of the strawberries & white chocolate... I can't wait for the cake to be baked then....!!! The cake texture is really soft and fluffy...and with the lemon zest, it did make the whole cake raher refreshing. Only one thing about my cake, was that most of my strawberries sunk below as I didn't toss the strawberries as it had mentioned in the recipe. Lena's one was great, with the strawberries mixed within the whole cake;-D
And most of all, it was really tasty!!! I really loved it very much!!! My friend and my colleagues had tried this cake, all had praises for it. A very good recipe to keep indeed!!! Perhaps you will like a little slice of this Fresh Strawberry Cake w White Chocolate Chunks..??
And not forgetting my MiMi, having 4 small little pieces of the cake, and she said the cake was yummy too:-D A very good teatime snack..;))

Recipe ( from Cake Keepers Cakes by Lauren Chattman)
Ingredients:
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1/2 cup sour cream ( I used 100g yogurt)
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
2 tsp pure vanilla extract (I used vanilla essence)
187g all purpose flour (I used 190g cake flour)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
85gm unsalted butter, softened (I used 75g)
1 cup sugar ( used 100g)
8 oz strawberries, stemmed and sliced ( I used 230g)
1 cup white chocolate chips or chunks ( used 125g)

Method:
1.Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan and dust with flour, knocking out any extra.
2.Combine the egg, egg yolk, sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla in a large glass and lightly beat. 3.Combine 1 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
4. Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and cream with an electric mixer on medium high speed until flufy, abt 3mins, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
5.With the mixer on low speed, pour the egg mixture into the bowl in a slow stream, stopping the mixer once or twice to scrape down the bowl.
6.Put the mixer on low speed and add the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, scarping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. After the last addition, mix for 30seconds on medium speed.
7.Combine the strawberries and remaining 1/4 cup of flour in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Fold the flour covered strawberries along with the white chocolate chips onto the batter.
8.Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake until the cake is golden and a cake tester inserted in comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Let the cake cool in pan for 5 mins, invert cake and turn right side up on a rack to cool completely

Hope you will have fun baking this cake as I did...:-D









No comments:

Post a Comment