Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My March Holidays

14-16 Mar 2012



This is quite a lengthy post... As my maid is actually away for her 1-month leave back home to Philippines, my hubby and I have to take leave to look after the 3 children. So in between this period of time, we went for a short trip to Genting Highlands for 3D2N stay.

Well, seriously, I have never really been to Genting Highlands... :-p Maybe I did, but that was many many years back in my early 20s, when my friends and I drove up there, but due to exhaustion, we just slept n rested in the room.... hahahah!!!!

Ok, here we are, our nice cosy room in Genting, but of course, I booked the highest room category as I need to have a bath tub in the room for my children... They are simply fascinated with the bath tub whenever we go for holiday... They just LOVED it!!! So this World Club room I booked was huge as you can see, and the bath tub was put into great use...:-D

Here is our great mountain view from our room, the clear and the misty cloudy view. The children enjoyed the view and the "breeze" too...Not much of rides for the children as some rides had a minimim height restrictions... well, too bad, next time perhaps... Overall, Genting Highlands is just simply filled with millions of people... We might go there again in September though... We will go to the mushroom farm and strawberry farm in our next Genting trip:-D





18 Mar 2012

My eldest daughter turns 7 years old on 21st Mar, so this year, we decided to let her have a small little birthday celebrations with her friends at home. We had hired an entertainer who does balloon sculpting and games for 1.5hrs. But it was more of games, which I prefer more balloon sculpting...^-^
I had made a black forest filling cake for Nic's birthday, plus about 20 chocolate cupcakes.

Hello Kitty Cake & Cupcakes

Nic wanted to have a Hello Kitty theme, and so, a very simple black forest cake. I bought those icing templates and I just piped the cream around the icing. Cute, isn't it. I bought these icing template online and it cost me 24pcs for S$12.00.

Hope Nic likes her birthday cake & cupcakes.

I guess my friend and I were more excited in the cake than the children as they were too engrossed with the balloons and games... :-p

There, time to sing a birthday song and cut the cake....

Her birthday presents from her friends...:-D

It had been a really noisy and messy day, especially without my maid around... hahahaha... Hubby and I had to clean up, luckily my girlfriend also helped out. Lesson learnt, it's better to have a party outside the home as I don't have to clean up the mess after the party... hmmm....




19 Mar 2012


This week start, hubby and myself are on a alternate day rotation to look after the girls. I haven't had time to go marketing as we just got back from Genting last Friday. And we headed off to Johor Bahru to do our nails while hubby when for his massage... And Sunday was Nic's birthday party.... So that's what I can dig out from my fridge....

This is my 1st decent "cooked" meal since 1 year ago when my maid had also went back during the same period last year.

Steamed fish with salted bean, fried eggs with sausages and stir-fried xiao bai cai with prawns.

Not too bad, Nat & Mimi finished their fair share of dinner:-D






21 Mar 2012

So today after I send Nat to school, I wanted to make cookies using my cute cookie cutter which I had bought last year. Yet to use and tried them out. So finally, today I get a chance to put them in good use... Cute right... Mimi was very interested with these Hello Kitty and Miffy cookies. She had also poked her tiny finger on the Miffy and said, "rabbit cry cry"....

Hello Kitty, Miffy & Doremon Cookies

I was trying to get Mimi's attention in the photo shots, but I guessed she was too restless and bored as I told her to let me take a picture of her before she ate her Hello Kitty cookie... :-p But I did managed to make her laughed in the end:-D

I made some cookies for my girlfriend's kids as well, all of them were very happy and finished the cookies in no time...!!!

For cookie recipe, please click HERE.




Hehehe.... I made steamed cake too... Using the sponge mix, and the previous recipe I tried. This time I use pomengrate tea syrup I got from Korea. Hmmm, I think I should had used more of the syrup as it wasn't that fruity as I had wanted it to be... But so far the testers had said it was good though...???


Pomengrate Steamed Cake

Texture of the steamed cake was smooth and yummy though:-D

For Steamed Cake recipe, please click HERE.



Dinner time...

We had planned to go for dinner outside as it was Nic's actual birthday today. But it started raining so heavily and plus Nic was still napping, so I decided not to go out for dinner. Luckily I had cooked the chicken soup in the afternoon... I quickly whipped up the broccoli and the seafood with salted fish fried rice. Mimi loves the fried rice very much and she had a big bowl of it...


No comments:

Post a Comment