Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chocolate Buttermilk Cake

Lena, as requested... I have posted up the Chocolate Buttermilk Cake:))

Chocolate Buttermilk Cake




I have this new book, "Tea with Bea". I must say the cakes, cupcakes, tarts looked so tempting. But then, I realised that there was a huge amount of sugar used though...:-D All the cakes look very pretty. And of course, the recipes will include those creaming methods, buttercream, icing, lemon curd, etc... Very interesting...

But I am somehow rather unwillingly to attemp these recipes as they uses too much sugar...

Maybe a Chocolate Buttermilk Cake wouldn't do any harm I guess???
Using the exact amount of ingredients(almost) as stated in the recipe, my cake came out abit hard though... I was too sure of what went wrong though. Well, I see from the book that the cake was rather soft, unlike compared to me, hard.... :-p....
I must have gone wrong somewhere.... Perhaps I will need to try out again some other days...
Maybe you will like to try it out? Let me know how it turns out for you...:-D
Here is the recipe adapted from "Tea with Bea"


Ingredients:
225g dark/semi-sweet chocolates
65g cocoa powder
175g unsalted butter
4 eggs
300g caster sugar
175g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
235ml buttermilk


Method:
1. Put the chocolate & cocoa powder in a large bowl.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour into the bowl of chocolate & cocoa powder and stir until melted & smooth.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Pour in the chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
4. Put in the flour, baking soda & salt into a bowl, sifted twice.
5. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and mix well until incorporated. Add 1/2 the buttermilk and mix until just combined. Repeat with 1/3 of the flour mixture, then the rest of the buttermilk. Finally, add in the last third of the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
6. Pour the mixtur into a 25cm cake tin, bake in a preheated oven of 170C for about 35-45 mins.
7. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 mins. Slide a table Knife all around the edges to loosen the cake, then remove the cake. Cool for 1 hour. Cut into half and fill with frosting of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment