Friday, September 7, 2012

Ladybugs Attack!!!! - Steamed Strawberry Cupcakes

I came across these adorable ladybugs steamed cupcakes from Mui Mui's blog, My little Favourites DIY. I had bookmarked this recipe from her. It was a definitely must-try recipe as the steamed cupcakes are simply so irresistable and interesting... Wouldn't you think so too???
 Last Sunday I was bounded at home as my air-conditioner needed a completed clean-over... Going through my bookmarked recipes, this recipe caught my attention... I finally bucked up myself and started trying out this recipe when the servicing of the air-conditioners went on...
Nat was pretty excited with the makings of these cupcakes as she said that the cupcakes are so pretty..
Below pictures shows the step by step of how you should pipe the pictures of these ladybugs. It was quite a challenge initially, but I found fun piping the colors for the ladybugs.

It was really a great achievement seeing the cupcakes rose up nicely, with the laybugs pictures... I was pretty excited seeing them...Taste wise???? They tasted very much like 鸡蛋糕. Soft & smooth texture of these cupcakes.. What about my gals???
Oh.... what have we here????
An odd little ladybug amongst the rest of the pink ladybugs...


And I can't help taking so many pictures on these adorable steamed ladybugs cupcakes!!!!
Nat & MiMi liked the cupcake very much, whereas for Nic did not fancy them at all... I had brought some to my office and everyone were as fasinated as me... hahahaha...

Here is the recipe originated from Mui Mui's blog 

Ladybug Steam cupcake
Ingredients:
3 cold eggs
275g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
150ml fresh milk
1 tsp ovalette
220g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
1) Put all the ingredients ina mixing bowl and beat with medium high speed for 6 minutes.
2) Take 1 tbsp plain mixture and put into a piping bag. 
3) Take 3 tbsp plain mixture, mix with brown colouring and put into piping bag.
4) Colour the rest of the mixing with bright red and filled into a piping bag.
5) Pump the red into a paper cup about 8% full. Draw a cross with the brown mixture and do dots on both sides.Colour the upper half of the cross brown and make 2 plain dots for the eye and fill the inside with the plain mixture.
6) Steam with meduim high heat for 12 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment