Thursday, September 20, 2012

Everyday Banana Yoghurt Cake

I guess I had been very very late in submitting my post to the Bake-Along #32... :(
I had kept reminding myself to submit this post before the deadline, but I guess I was still late...
Nevertheless, I will still like to share my bake with everyone even though I'm late.
I had a very ripe banana, so I had mashed it and mixed it in with my plain low-fat yoghurt.
Personally, I do not like this cake texture too well.  But they did go very well with the icing sugar and a little slice of strawberry...:-)

Everyday Yoghurt Cake
(Recipe as adapted from Cake Keeper Cakes, Lauren Chattman)
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1-1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain whole-milk yoghurt or lowfat yoghurt
(Additional 1 ripe mashed banana)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
confectioners' sugar
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch round cake and dust it with flour, knocking out any extra. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together the yoghurt, oil, eggs and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Pour the yoghurt mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
  2. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the top of the cake is light golden and a toothpick inserted into the center is clean, about 40 minutes.
  3. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, invert it onto a wire rack, and then turn it right side up on a rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioner's sugar, then slice and serve.
  4. Store uneaten cake in a cake keeper or wrap in plastic and store at room temperature for up to 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment