Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sweet Dots Swiss Roll

Hello everyone, it has been quite some time since my last post??? Hmmm, I guess I was rather busy at work recently, plus I don't have much time to blog as I was also planning for my upcoming holidays and stressfully teaching Nic her Mathematics... Sigh... Seems like time wasn't enough sometimes, till I felt I haven't had some time for myself...
This Sweet Dots Swiss Roll was baked a couple of weeks ago, and here, and I posting up this swiss roll finally. I had bought the swiss roll recipe book since last year, but I wasn't so "hardworking" to try any of these pattern swiss rolls. They are more of a, suddenly switch-on mode to try baking a swiss roll... Not knowing if my swiss roll will roll up nicely as it should be... hahaha...
Pretty isn't it??? Well the taste is more or less the same, using my previous bake of the Bery Berry Roll, I had adjusted the taste to strawberry, which is the girls' favourite... It was a pity that I did not had fresh strawberries to put them in the roll... else, I would think it will make this roll an even sweet, pretty roll...:-p
Would you think so too?
I had taken out some white batter out before mixing in the strawberry paste. Separating the white batter into 2, of which 1 was mixed with chocolate paste. Piping the white batter and chocolate batter into dots onto the baking paper, and I bake them in the oven for about 3-5mins before pouring the strawberry batter onto the baking pan.
The girls were pretty excited as they thought it was fun seeing me piping the dots... hahaha...
For the cream, I had used buttercream, adding some strawberry paste as well. I was glad that my roll did not cracked...:-p
The swiss roll all sliced and packed nicely for the girls' convenience...
And of course, here are Nic, Nat & MiMi, having their fair share of the swiss roll...
Here is the link to the BERY BERRY ROLL I had used..:)

Have fun:))

No comments:

Post a Comment