Thursday, November 3, 2011

Orange Zest Almond Flakes Cupcakes - 3 different styles

It's Thursday again, and it's time for me to bake something for Nic to bring for her dance class on Friday.

I realised kids are such a fuss sometimes as there are certain taste they do not like...:-p


I had bought a Cupcake Recipe book for almost half a year but I have yet to try the recipes as I was afraid that the kids might not like them... So yesterday night was my 1st attempt.... hahaha...


Orange Zest Almond Flakes Cupcakes


I made these cupcakes in 3 different style:

1. Plain Orange Zest Cupcakes - For the fussy Kids

2. Orange Zest Almond Flakes Cupcakes - For any kids

3. Plain Orange Zest Cupcakes, topped with cream & choc bits - For kids who love cream


While the cupcakes were still baking in the oven, you can smell the orange fragrant.

So let's see how did we fair on this recipe... :-p

Nic has been waiting for the cupcakes for quite some time. She kept pestering, asking me if I was done with my photo-taking.... :-p
There, finally, she took the other half of the cupcake. The texture was really soft, and most importantly, Nic said it was nice. So I guess this orange zest cupcakes should do fine with the kids.... hehehehe....

Decorated some cupcakes with the cream for Nic to bring to school.

Hope the kids will finished the cupcakes... :-D




I brought some cupcakes for my colleagues, they all said it was yummy!

Hope this Orange Zest Almond Flakes Cupcakes will bring some refreshing moments to you too:-D


Ingredients:

This portion can make about 8 normal cupcake size

100g butter

75g icing sugar

2 eggs

1 tbsp orange juice

1 tsp grated orange zest

100g plain flour

2 tsp baking powder

30g almond powder


Some almond flakes

Some grated orange zest

Whipped cream

Decorations as desired


Method:

Beat butter & sugar until smooth & creamy.

Add in 1 egg at a time, whisked till well-combined.

Add in orange juice and grated orange zest, followed by the flour, baking powder and almond powder. Mix till well-combined.

Bake in a preheated oven of 150 DegC for about 15-20 mins.

(I used 180 DegC for about 20-25mins - Different oven different heat, so please do gauage according:-D)




No comments:

Post a Comment